Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kermit or why I love the Smithsonian

Kermit by alumroot
Kermit, a photo by alumroot on Flickr.

As a herpetologist, how could I pass up this display. It is a cross-over between my field of study and my childhood in a way I can't describe. I love that we have an institution that recognizes the importance of artifacts like this one,

With all due respect to the many museums in the world, but I have yet to find one as amazing as the Smithsonian. The collections are outstanding, natural and cultural. The exhibits are inventive, the research conducted there is world class. The most amazing thing, especially compared to other national museums I have visited, Smithsonian museums are free. You should visit. And, yes, I donate, and I hope you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Alumroot's Photo Blog by Alan Wolf is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at flickr.com