Friday, June 10, 2011

needlefish

needlefish by alumroot
needlefish, a photo by alumroot on Flickr.

I mostly try to bring forward photos that I posted far in past years, but sometimes you find one while poking through the archives that requires a bit more notice. These are needlefish, I am not sure what kind. They were small so maybe keel-tailed needlefish. I passed by this photo many times. It was an accident of trying to photograph these fish that hide right at the water line. I was getting pushed around by the surf, which lent this pleasant blur of fish and refractions of the light off the waves above. It reminds me to keep going back to take a second or even third look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Alumroot's Photo Blog by Alan Wolf is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at flickr.com