Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Motherly devotion

Motherly devotion by alumroot
Motherly devotion, a photo by alumroot on Flickr.

You may not like spiders, but while not wanting to be bitten, I think they are fascinating. I found this mother guarding her egg sac in the early fall. She will will not survive until spring, but I hope her eggs did. I love the perspective of this shot, showing the the long lines of the corrugations of walls of a barn. It was a pretty open spot, so I am questioning her choice, but she has millions of years of evolutionary programming, so who am I to question her judgement?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Alumroot's Photo Blog by Alan Wolf is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at flickr.com